Sunday, October 28, 2012

This is it!

Yesterday was my 31st birthday! You think I'd be sad or fighting it or something to that effect...but I'm good. In the morning I was having a hard time, but my husband reminded me of something- I have done everything I've set out to do by my 31st birthday. I said a few years ago when I started nursing school that by 31, I would have a job, I would have my degree and guess what? I did it. I have not one, but TWO jobs as an RN. I work transport and Labor and Delivery. I have my Bachelor's degree. My kids are healthy. For 31 I've done some amazing things. I did 8 years in the army, gained a degree, got married, have a great family, my kids are SUCCESSFUL (yes, I know they are still kids, but they are great students and great athletes and they are KIND and LOVING to those around them!).

I've done it. I'm here. Now, to take some cues from Tim Mcgraw...and lets take these next 30 years slow. Enjoy everything I've worked so hard for. Enjoy my kids. Enjoy MYSELF. I spent roughly 29 years confused and displeased with my body--too white, too chubby, hairs not right, skin is awful, the list goes on and on. I killed myself last year to get an amazing body, and man, did I! You could wash clothes on my abs and I rocked a bikini like no other...but I got lazy. Going to the gym and doing the same thing can be boring, and it got boring. Next up? Find a workout I enjoy that will relieve stress, give me a body I can be comfortable in and spend some time with myself.

I started boxing this week. It's pretty cool. I get pissed at my trainer (he's a professional boxer, so he gets frustrated with me too!) BUT he knows how to motivate me, and that motivation for me is through anger. Expect me to do what you do, push me to live up to that expectation and I will fight hard to get there. I think I'm doing well. I'm hurting all over, all the time, but inside, I feel like a million bucks. Mick and Alex started boxing also. Mick is my little "Million dollar baby" already---this kid has it, she just gets it. She thinks it, and her body does it, it's pretty freaking amazing. Alex---he's my slugger. He wants to walk in there and just throw punches. He's more like Rocky. Get that pound-for-pound punch to knock you out and go home. He likes variety and gets bored with the repetition, BUT he was sad he wasn't going to be there for one day of practice. Both the kids adore their gigantic Romanian trainer. He truly is amazing with the kids! In the evening I get time watching my kids work hard and they watch me do the same thing, but we have something to bond over and talk about--it really is rather cool! Something the three of us have in common and some time for us to hang out, encourage each other and laugh our asses off at each other (there is a LOT of laughing going on, probably too much for our trainer!)

I have finally finished orientation with CCT and am riding solo (well, one ride, but hey, that's enough) and I have orientation day 1 on Monday for L&D. I am very excited! I'm terrified that I am going to walk in there and just  be dumb, but that's what training is for right? RIGHT!

The last 30 years have been outstanding. There have been some trials (literally and figuratively) but you know what? Even the problems have shown me that I am strong. I can take a punch and get back up and plug on and COME OUT A WINNER! No one will get me down, EVER. I am strong, in every way that a person can be strong, I am strong. Here is to the next 31 years of my life---may they be wonderful, full of joy and full of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment