Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Time

I will be the first to admit, and if you have been reading my blogs you know this, there isn't a single religious bone in my body, so that lends me toward the commercial and capitalistic and completely materialistic part of this holiday! I love getting my kids whatever it was that they wanted for Christmas. It's rare that I buy them ANY toys throughout the year, so Christmas and Birthdays are time for me to spend whatever it takes to make them happy, and let me say without any shame, I do just that!

This year? iPads all around. Minis for the husband and I, and full size for my mother-in-law and children...yes the children. They also have cases with keyboards (hey, homework can be done this way too!) and several iPad related toys--helicopters, crayola stuff, and battleship toys (that game is awesome!)....and it's been a wonderfully materialistic morning.

Work has enabled me to do for them what we have always struggled to do (hubby is smart...locked account that we can only access during Christmas time)...and this year was a free for all and I loved it. Worked twice yesterday (weird split schedule) and was up for 27 hours. Opened presents and collapsed in a very confused state into bed with an amazing comforter that my MIL bought us for Christmas and had a great 6 hour nap!

So far, the day has been simply amazing! Merry Christmas to all and to all---a great day of playing with toys, gadgets and eating only the best FOOD with your great families!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment